Advice on How to Learn a Foreign Language
1. If you know your mother tongue well, you can learn a foreign language.
2. If you want to speak a language, you must hear it spoken, and it is very good if you have a teacher who speaks this language well and fluently. In case there is no teacher whom you can imitate, a record or a tape recording might be of great help.
3. Every language has its own grammar rules. You must always remember that each language is organized according to its own grammar. Study the rules and learn to use them. Do a lot of grammar exercises. Some people believe that learning a foreign language is just a matter of memorizing words. You certainly have to build up your vocabulary, but you will never speak or read a language unless you know grammar rules and are able to use them.
4. Say words, phrases, sentences over and over again until they come
5. You must read journals and newspapers, in the foreign language you are learning. You should even read children books or other easy-reading seriesbooks you have at your disposal. The more you read, the sooner you will get the feel of the language.
6. Learn the language by ear. Listen to records. Listen to tapes. Turn on radio and listen.
7. Pronounce the sounds of the language you are learning, especially the sounds that are different from the sounds of your mother tongue. Imitate as close as possible the intonations.
8. You must try to learn and memorize whole sentences and phrases — not just words Do not separate words that are put together.
9. Work systematically. You should learn systematically whether you are taking a class or studying on your own. These who do not work hard enough cannot expect ro get good results.
10. Do speak up. He who keeps thoughts to himself, may well be blessed but you will do better if you don't go by this principle when speaking a foreign language. Remember it is always better to say something than not to speak at all.
11. Don't worry too much about mistakes. You will make them anyway — there is no getting away from it. It is far worse when something goes unsaid. A brilliant idea will still be brilliant even if it is expressed against all rules of grammar and pronunciation.
12. And finally, remember that learning a language is a never-ending process. When is the best time to start learning a foreign language? You can learn it at any age, but it is much easier when you start young. So the best time to start learning is NOW. Good luck!
Доповніть вирази прийменниками та складіть речення з утвореними виразами:
1) to study the language ... one's own
2) to go ...this principle
3) there is no getting away ... it
4) to build ... one's vocabulary
5) to be in constant need ... brushing them up
6) to read literature ... speciality
7) to forget... all one's fears
8) to be ...great help
9) to be engaged ... teaching kids
10) to look... foreign newspapers
11) to work hard ... the subjects
12) to take great interest... English
13) to have a good command ... the English language
14) to be good ... spoken English
15) to have foreign newspapers ... one's disposal
©2015 arhivinfo.ru Все права принадлежат авторам размещенных материалов.